Monday, May 28, 2012

Independent Component 1

These are some of the meals that I prepared on my own for the Independent Component. Each one of these was time consuming and required a variety of different materials

Milanesa steak with white rice and chopped tomatoes. This is one of the pictures I have that is a full plate. It has you main food(milanesa) your side dish (rice) along with a good serving of your vegetables. (3 hrs) Rice (1 hr)

Green Salsa. This salsa is perfect for use with anything. You can use it on meat to add a little flavor to the meal. You can also add it in soups to give the soup itself a little more spice if its wanted. (1 hr) 

Sopes. Sopes are basically like a little dough disc with bits of chicken over it along with any vegetables you might want to add on top. I personally like to add some parmesan cheese on it because I like the extra flavor, but thats just me. The green salsa above also goes great with sopes if it is lacking a little flavor. (2 1/2 hrs)

Pozole. This has to be my facvcorite soup...to eat. To make, not so much. It requires alot of time and constant watching because you dont want it to overcook, so you must be constantly stirring it. Personal twist on this, I like to grind up some chiles and add them into the soup because I like the spicy flavor in my soup. (4 hrs)

Mole. I dont usually like eating mole, but I made it for my parents. This is meat covered in mole which has its own distinct flavor. It isnt soup because it is much thicker and its just like a coating over the meat. (5 hrs) Mexican rice (3 hrs)

Pico de gallo salsa. This isnt like the other salsas you will see, this one isnt actually a liquid but its still a salsa because it adds flavor into anything you make. (2 hrs)

                                    
Tacos. Everyone knows what tacos are and how to eat them, thats a plus about them. Its no mystery that vegetables, lemon, and even salsa can be added to them to have a variety of different flavors. There is also a variey of different meats that can be used for tacos. (7 hrs)
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment